Monday, November 28, 2011

Is it December already?

Well, we're pretty close to it being December. Thanksgiving is behind us and the holiday season has kicked into full gear. Problem is...


No one told the plot bunnies hopping around in my head I don't have time for them to multiply. I've got cookies to bake, presents to buy, a house to decorate, holiday cards to write and a Christmas meal to prepare for fifteen guests. Not to mention all the other stuff that still insists on going on despite the holiday hoopla (kids' sports, homework, house cleaning...) See my point?

December isn't the best month for someone who likes to hit the computer keyboard eight hours a day. How will I cope? I got it covered...

*I'll take lots of notes every chance I get. Good thing I always carry that notebook and pen around with me.

*The netbook is a valuable tool for any writer, especially a mom who spends lots of time at different sports complexes. It's little and fits inside my bag. Have netbook, will travel.

*Outline and develop my characters back stories. I'm not a big outliner. I usually just sit down and let it ride, but already knowing I'm not going to have the time to hang out at the laptop all day makes me think I'll be doing more outlining so I won't forget where I was heading.

*Talk to myself - alright, I won't lie...I already do that. It's how I work out my dialogue. I have such interesting conversations with myself in the shower. Hey, whatever works, right?

I have a game plan and that will get me through the hustle and bustle of December. But, look out January because once the tree comes down, Ella Jade comes back out in full force. 2012 looks like it's going to be a really productive year!

I'll be back next month. Stay inspired and have a wonderful and safe Happy Holiday season! When you're a writer, remember...

Where there's a will, there's a way!









No comments: