Saturday, October 8, 2011

Good-bye, Lady Di

Good morning, Blog Buds! (just a little late)
.
I'm supposed to be off the computer, resting my hands and cleaning house, while I wait for my final edits on Sweet Bytes to come back from my wonderful editor, Cynthia. But, then, I remembered it was my day at Fab ePubs, so here I am!  The release date is October 17th, by the way.  So, I'm going to be all over cyberspace and a very busy girl for a few weeks.  Anyway...
.
I figured out months ago that Ophelia would experience a Prom Night From Hell near the end of the story, so I had to go searching for the perfect prom dress. I wanted something very 'princess-like,' but also powerful. I always loved this picture of Princess Diana from a shoot she did for Vogue magazine.

The dress is by Gianni Versachi. (Psst, Bianca mentions his name in the book as a tribute.) So, the dress became my inspiration for Ophelia's prom gown, which had a long, flowing, not-embroidered or embellished A-line skirt and was pale blue.
.
But, then, C.H. Scarlett  sent my cover art to me and I was floored!  I mean, how stunning and gorgeous!  Luckily, I was still in edits, so I've gone back and changed the description of Ophelia's prom grown to match up with the cover. 
.
As for Lady Di, well, she's an icon.  She'll always be with us.

No comments: